Matcha Kanten & Strawberry Parfait from Tara's Multicultural Table
- 4 serving glasses
- 8-inch square dish
- Small bowl
- Small saucepan
- Medium bowl
- 2 tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 450ml cold water
- 50g white sugar
- 2½ tbsp agar
- 225g cream cheese
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- Honey, to taste
- A dozen strawberries, sliced
- Line your dish with baking paper.
- Whisk your Matcha and hot water until all the lumps have disappeared and set aside.
- Add your cold water, sugar and agar-agar to a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture is fully dissolved, remove from heat and pour in your Matcha and stir again until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your lined dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In the meantime, bring your cream cheese and yoghurt to room temperature.
- Beat together before adding in your vanilla and enough honey to sweeten to your taste.
- Slowly add in your milk until the mixture is smooth and refrigerate until cold again and you are ready to assemble the parfait.
- Once your kanten has had enough time to set, turn it out with the help of the baking paper and slice into cubes.
- Pour in enough cream cheese mixture to ¼ fill each of your serving glasses, add a layer of kanten and sliced strawberry until glass is half full, add in the remaining cream cheese mixture, top with a final layer of kanten and strawberry and serve immediately.