Matcha Lava Cake from Vickii Ma
- 2 small pots or ramekins
- Small saucepan
- Glass bowl
- 1 egg
- 40g butter, softened
- 60g white chocolate
- 40g sugar
- 25g flour
- 8g Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
1. Grease your two ramekins with a little bit of butter and dust with a layer of flour.
2. Bring a pot of water to a low simmer and place your glass bowl on top. Make sure that the water doesn’t reach the base of the bowl.
3. Break up the white chocolate into your glass bowl and melt, stirring occasionally. Immediately take off heat once the chocolate is completely melted, being careful not to burn yourself.
4. Fold through your softened butter and then add in your egg, sugar, sifted flour and Matcha.
5. Once combined, split the mixture into your two ramekins, cover with cling wrap, and cool in the freezer for half an hour.
6. While mixture cools, preheat your oven to 230°C.
7. Bake for 9 minutes or until the surface looks evenly cooked and only wobbles slightly when touched. Oven times tend to vary so make sure to keep an eye on it in the last couple of minutes.
8. Set aside for 10 minutes and then very carefully run a knife around the edge of the cake to separate it.
9. Flip the ramekin over onto a plate, top with cream, ice cream and/or fruit.
10. Serve immediately and enjoy!