Matcha Green Tea Donuts from Big City Tiny Kitchen
- Donut pan
- Three mixing bowls
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- 2-3 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced).
2. Whisk together your milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, combine your dry donut ingredients.
4. Gently fold in the wet ingredients until the batter is smooth.
5. Grease your donut pan and fill halfway with the batter.
6. Bake donuts for 10-12 minutes. To check they’re cooked simply insert a skewer and if it comes out clean your donuts are ready.
7. Remove donuts from the pan and set aside on a rack to cool.
8. Combine the ingredients for the frosting, whisking until smooth.
9. Once your donuts have cooled, dip the tops into your frosting and refrigerate just long enough for your icing to set.
10. Serve and enjoy!