Raw Matcha Green Tea & Mint Cheesecake from Life of Goodness
- Spring cake tin
- Food processor
- Heat proof bowl
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ cup raw buckwheat
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 2½ cups raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours water to soften)
- ½ cup coconut water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Matcha Live Longer Green Tea Powder
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups fresh mint
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ block raw mint chocolate
- Mint leaves
- ½ tsp Matcha Live Longer Green Tea Powder
1. Line base of cake tin with baking paper.
2. Blend base ingredients and place in cake tin, press down with fingers until even and place in freezer.
3. Blend cashews, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut water and sweetener and blend until smooth.
4. Pour 1/3 of the filling into the cake tin and set aside the rest for the green tea layer.
5. With the remaining cashew filling, add in your spinach, mint, peppermint extract and Matcha powder, blend until combined and pour into the cake tin.
6. Place in freezer and let it set for about 4 hours.
7. Break up the chocolate bar in a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of boiling water, making sure the water doesn’t reach the base of the bowl. Once the chocolate has melted, lift the bowl out with a tea towel, being careful not to burn yourself, and pour onto the cake.
8. Add a sprinkle of Matcha powder, mint and pistachio nuts then store in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.