Matcha Butter Cake from La Pêche Fraîche
- Cake tin ( 6x3” )
- Handheld or stand mixer
- Mixing bowl ( if using handheld mixer )
- 170g softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- Fresh berries
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and salt with your mixer until light and fluffy, this should take roughly 5 minutes.
3. Add your eggs and mix for another five minutes.
4. Add the cream and vanilla extract, mixing very briefly.
5. Sift in your Matcha, flour and baking powder and then mix again until everything is fully combined.
6. Dust your cake tin with a little bit of flour, then pour in your batter.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Once ready, remove cake from the oven and leave for 10 minutes. Then turn cake out of the tin onto a cooling rack and leave until completely cool.
9. To decorate, sift and combine your Matcha and icing sugar then dust over the top of the cooled cake.
10. Top with your choice of fresh berries, serve and enjoy!