Matcha Banana Cream Pie from Sprig & Flours
- 23cm pie dish
- 3 mixing bowls
- Medium saucepan
- Electric beater or mixer
- 140g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ tbsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp Matcha Live Longer green tea powder
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- To prepare the crust, combine your crushed biscuits, sugar and melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to your pie dish and spread out evenly, pressing down to form a crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes then set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and Matcha in a saucepan.
- Stir in your yolks, cream and milk then bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking until mixture thickens (about 5-7 minutes).
- Pour the mix through a sieve into a bowl, stir in the melted butter and vanilla, then add the mixture to your pie dish.
- Place cling film directly onto the filling then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Once completely chilled, start preparing your topping by whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form (about 4-6 minutes).
- Take your pie out of the refrigerator and top with a layer of sliced banana.
- Add your whipped cream to the middle of the pie and carefully spread out until only a small gap remains between the edge of the cream and the pie crust.
- Using a sieve, carefully dust the cream with Matcha.
- Keep refrigerated until you need it then serve and enjoy!